Monday, August 27, 2012

Eternal Happiness= Eternal Families

Lately I've been thinking about the blessings of being in an eternal family. I mean if I have this much fun here on earth with my crazy fun family I can't wait to see the eternal happiness we can have in the next life as long as each of us live worthily to return to Christ!My family and I were not able to attend our family reunion this year and I kind of realized how much I really missed seeing the whole crazy fun huge family I have been blessed with that we only get to see about once a year at the reunions!I love all of their examples and that we have been sealed for time and all eternity to one another! The Family: A Proclamation to the World has also been something that I enjoy reading and that I feel can help us know how the family was created to be eternal. This proclamation, I believe was designed and created by inspiration by our Heavenly Father to help us always remember the true purpose and way to live as an Eternal family. You can check out The Family: A Proclamation to the World at this link: http://www.lds.org/topics/family-proclamation The following is a paragraph from the Proclamation that I particularly like: "By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners. Disability, death, or other circumstances may necessitate individual adaptation. Extended families should lend support when needed." I'm so grateful for my parents, who have done those things for me and my siblings, I am truly blessed! And for extended family who I love and look up to. I hope that when the time comes for me to have my own family that I can live in such a way that would be pleasing to the Lord. I am truly grateful for my family that has always shown me amazing examples and still do. Another thing I have come to know more about this summer, and to gain a personal testimony about is family history work. I had the blessing to be a family history coordinator at church the past few months and have learned so much about how to help those who were not able to receive the Eternal blessings that you can receive within the temple while on this Earth. I know that as you strive to do the work for those who may not have been able to do it themselves while on Earth, as you are prayerful and ask for guidance the Lord will help guide you through the Holy Ghost and will allow you to find names and records to help those come to Christ and to take names to the temple to do their work. I also know that they will be SO grateful for your efforts!! It is so important that we do this work for them and that we take advantage of the temple, I know I personally need to take more time out of my life to go to the temple, where we can feel peace for ourselves and can do the work for others! What truly grand blessings will come from doing the work and attending the temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment